Talisman is a desktop alternative and shell replacement for windows. This application is able to change the desktop as we want. Can be arranged in accordance with our moods. In essence, the appearance can be changed. Talisman desktop usability of this is for the creation of custom-made interfaces for home and office computers.
With the help of "Talisman" you can create your own interface or use one of the hundreds ready themes that are available in our collections and in the internet. Interface (theme) is a set of screens, forms, "rooms" and objects. All these objects are interactive and respond to movements or clicks of the mouse.Talisman desktop has a variety of features, including :
- Creating multilevel user defined fullscreen desktops
- Creating Desktop Panels on Windows Desktop
- Replaces default shell of Windows 9x/Me/NT4/2000/ME/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7 explorer.exe with talisman.exe
- Use of any number of pictures, buttons, obkects of any type or dimension, instead of standard icons.
- Place, free-moving and imposing of objects in the Talisman workspace.
- All objects can run external programs or internal shell commands or http:// URLs by one click of the mouse.
- The number of forms (screens) in one theme is not limited. Any screen object can be set to switch from one form to another.
- You can create a set of independent themes, and store them on any disk in the local computer or on a local area network.
- You can easily switch between different themes through your own objects or through the Talisman menu.
- The Built-in Object Editor allows the creation, modification and removal of any element in a theme.
- Large number of basic elements (forms, pictures, shapes, buttons of different types, text blocks, inputboxes, calendars, clocks, timers, HTML-documents, Flash and VRML documents.
- Customizable taskbar, system tray, clock.
- Sound support for all events.
- Startmenu, foldermenu, taskmenu, controlmenu, custom menu and other menu objects.
- Script language.
- Messages engine for communication with other programs.
- Keyboard control.
- Protection and limited access functions.
source : lighttek.com